12.30.2005

Christmas Goodies

Come Christmas time, I go into a baking frenzy. For this holiday season, I baked and gave my closest friends & neighbors these goodies from my grandma's favorite recipe collection.


Nutty Macaroons

Nutty Macaroons (these are crispy & yummy!)



Binangkal

Binangkal (my grandma used to make these for us
as after school snacks)



Chocolate & Saffron truffle  cake

Chocolate & Saffron truffle cake

♥♥♥♥♥

Christmas Eve was spent at my in-laws. We were there in time for the Donal Duck show which is a Christmas tradition here in Sweden. It's an hour long of Disney's famous cartoon characters and it's just as funny eventhough it's the same show every year! Christmas dinner followed where the table is laden with home-mademeatballs, prinskorv (cocktail sausages), pickled herring, smoked salmon, ham, beetroot sallad, different patés, christmas hard bread & potatoes. After dinner it's Robert's favorite, the exchanging of gifts! Robert played the little elf, read and gave out the presents under the tree. I got these from him...


Robert's gift

A cooking oil sprayer (I've been wanting to get this!)


Robert's gift

...and a Santa stick to decorate the ham which he made himself (cute isn't it?)

♥♥♥♥♥

We attended the early morning mass on Christmas Day. It was such such a beautiful mass and the choir sang some Christmas carols which made it even more meaningful. We didn't do much afterward but went home and just watched some movies on DVD. The next day, the 26th, we & hubby's family, had a get together at our house and ate and laughed and just had fun with each other's company. This is one of my favorite picture from that get together...


Cousins

Cousins